Using Olive oil instead of butter for baking!
Olive Oil for baking is very popular in Mediterranean cooking.
It may sound a bit odd, to bake with Olive Oil, but has been used for centuries.
Olive Oil is one of those “good” fats.
- It’s a monosaturated fat, with lots of antioxidants and vitamin E.
- It’s been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, cuts back dramatically the cholesterol and can be a very healthy part of regular diet.
Olive Oil gives cakes and cookies a light texture and can be used with confidence instead of butter. It helps to naturally maintain the freshness of baked goods:
– Helps cakes and muffins to retain their moisture.
– Enhances loaves that have fruity, nutty or savoury taste, and gives depth to the warm spices.
You can use Olive Oil to prepare a baking tray, sheet, or other type of baking dishes.
How to substitute Olive Oil in baking or other cooking recipes?
Use the chart to convert the quantity of butter to quantity of Olive Oil:
Experiment with adding extra virgin olive oil to your recipes and change the reaction of your diners.
We have some fantastic family recipes to share with you, that we think you will enjoy!!!
- The famous “Pasta Flora”
- Cookies with orange zest.
- Chocolate cake